Had time to do a bit more reading.
I was almost at the stage of thinking I might suck up a Roon subscription simply so I don't have to wait even longer for certain Sooloos features to appear, and because aspects of the Roon interface do exactly what I've been wanting, but then found that I'd have to buy a new computer, and my MC200 would essentially become redundant.
Also no iPad control as yet, and no definite confirmation of full MQA support so, while it looks good in some ways, I'm personally back to waiting on Meridian to come good on Sooloos 3.
I genuinely hope they will, and soon. Firstly I feel they owe it to customers who have been waiting away, and who heavily invested in it. Secondly, it does now seem a little dated interface/feature-wise, or at least the competition has caught up big time. Finally, though, because a huge part of the attraction to me of Sooloos is its standalone, plug'n'play nature - being able to hide away an MC200 and control with an iPad or iPhone, and with little to no setup time (or necessarily networking nouse) is not to be underestimated.
Although it has interface faults still, in its defence, I have found Sooloos to be pretty much rock solid, fast to respond, and 'just work' network-wise, and tablet-wise, once I had the right router setup. That's a big thing for me.
HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES 2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports. Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
|