Originally Posted by Ronnie
Reason I ask is that importing 1,000 Albums into Roon takes approx 10 minutes [during which you can make a tea / coffee]... while importing the same 1,000 Albums into Sooloos will take a minimum of approx 5,000 minutes, [during which the process demands your utmost attention to ensure that the correct metadata is used].
OK me being the forum thicko again perhaps, but where do these time to import assumptions come from? Is there no need to import to roon or is this simply pointing roon at your existing library (in which case there's no difference in time 'cos it's already done?) Or is there no library in roon, you simply import a list of albums and it gets everything from Tidal? In which case does the roon subscription include the Tidal subscription or do I have to pay two people now to listen to the CD I have on my shelf but find more convenient to play on my Meridian/Sooloos system.

Maybe I've missed some significant step in the process but I'm genuinely confused.

Richard