James,
Hope the film is going well.
Good question on track level metadata. Whilst M have a few programmers left on Sooloos the brains behind Sooloos 3.0 have gone IMHO. That's not to say Sooloos won't get track level data, but as far as I can tell this will be further off than when Enno made his posts on this forum.
Given that Roon is committed to bit perfect reproduction there's no reason why Roon can't support MQA. However to do this you will need MQA files, of which the only ones in the wild I know of were only available to attendees of a particular demo in the U.S., anf M kit that allows the decoding of MQA (Explorer2, Prime, etc). It remains to be seen what M kit going forward will allow MQA, and whether Roon can interact with it (I presume it will be able to).
For openness I have just bought a full Roon licence and upgraded an old Mac Mini to run it on. I'm hoping to run other server software (Plex) on the same machine and retire some MS200s for redeployment elsewhere. My Study MS200 (where my Prime sits) is already in the IoW as Roon allows me to use my iMac in Exclusive mode.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|