logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#234967 2015-05-13 14:41
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
I am a bit confused about the number and selection of albums Roon is cataloguing.

It seems to be selecting multiple TIDAL albums that I have not down loaded - over 800 in all, whereas I have only downloaded about 100 from Tidal so far - what's this about? How is this selection being made. The resultant "library" contains all kinds of things I am not interested in.

I also not the genres are very strangely mixed

Thanks
Regards
Huw

PS I am moving to Roon Section

Last edited by Huw; 2015-05-13 16:10. Reason: move to Roon

#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Huw #234969 2015-05-13 14:48
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Huw

Might be better asking on the Roon forum.

Cheers

Russ

Huw #234972 2015-05-13 15:35
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Do you have favourited tracks in TIDAL? If you do, it will result in lots of partial albums in your library.

I see the merit of having these tracks imported - they are music that you have explicitly expressed and interest in - but I don't like seeing the partial albums.

I've raised this with the Roon developers and one possible solution in a future build would be the option to hide these albums.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
I rarely use tracks because I don't want to create more muddle in my library - I like it simple just with albums - of course there are sometimes exceptions but that's my general practice.

Thanks regards, Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
#235261 2015-05-18 20:57
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
On Roon I am very curious because it's not analysing my entire album portfolio (core). My music is 99% resident on my Sooloos C15 and TwinStore - Approximately 4300 albums.

Roon sees a selection of these - but a mere 825, of which there are a huge number of TIDAL albums that I have never actually downloaded, which is very odd.

Strangely this pm TIDAL went off line and Roon then could then only see 95 albums. Roon never sees any Rhapsody albums on my Sooloos nor the greater part of the Core.

There is a lot of new things here to get one's head around and with poor bandwidth it's a real challenge.

I am far from agreeing with some other HH's that Roon is ready to take over from Sooloos - seems to me we are some way from that - at least based on my personal experience so far.

Many Thanks
Regards
Huw

Last edited by Carl; 2015-05-18 22:20. Reason: OT section spllit out

#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Huw #235263 2015-05-18 21:03
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Huw

Rhapsody albums are not downloaded to Sooloos, you stream them, therefore Roon will not see them. Have you exported all your library in native FLAC and then used that as the watched folder for Roon?

iCloud photo syncing is configurable, you can just turn it off iCloud How To.

Cheers

Russ

#235264 2015-05-18 21:22
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
OK get that but why does Roon see TIDAL - is it not the same?

Room sees not only those I have downloaded but hundreds of others I have not downloaded.

Roon is only seeing a fraction my Core.

Regards Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Huw #235268 2015-05-18 21:33
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Tidal is incorporated into Roon, like it is in Sooloos.

Roon can't read Sooloos Core properly, the files need exporting elsewhere as FLAC and monitored by Roon from that location.


.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
It's incorporated in a way that is much more than Sooloos in operation. Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Huw #235270 2015-05-18 21:34
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
As Russ also asked... are you watching your Sooloos core or an export of your Sooloos library?

The latter is the recommended route at the moment.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Yes, but not much use to me if I am missing 75% of my core - of which only 25% is Rhapsody.

I can see the potential in Roon but it has a long way to go - especially for Sooloos owners. Shall we forget the money we invested?

Regards Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
ncpl #235273 2015-05-18 21:39
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Sorry I am not up to exporting 4300 albums just to facilitate Roon it's not that compelling.
Regards
Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 221 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,169
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 40 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8846 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 23:36:20 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS