Speaking of costs, if one was starting today and making a choice between Sooloos and Roon, I wonder how does one value one's time?? Do you regard it as "meaningless" when it comes to cost... or as an invaluable resource that you can never get back??

Reason I ask is that importing 1,000 Albums into Roon takes approx 10 minutes [during which you can make a tea / coffee]... while importing the same 1,000 Albums into Sooloos will take a minimum of approx 5,000 minutes, [during which the process demands your utmost attention to ensure that the correct metadata is used].

And of course, you need to multiply those Import Times by however many thousand albums you have!!

I wonder how does one value that ~80+ manhour time difference when it comes to evaluating the relative costs entering into either eco-system??... [just to put that in perspective, that is 2 hours a night for 40 nights, for just the first 1,000 Albums]

Likewise, I also wonder how does one value the undoubted differences that exist in the ease-of-use and flexibility of one eco-system over the other??


-