Originally Posted by Spinaltap
If I want to 'own' my music system (Sooloos), rather than 'rent' it (Roon)...
Hi,

Sorry I don't follow your thought train here with this distinction. Both Sooloos and Roon support playing your 'own' local audio file and again both support a lossless streaming options 'rent' from Tidal. Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Spinaltap
QNAP HS-251,
iPad,
MS200 (with custom cable),
Meridian G95
My thoughts on this list:

Sooloos
Presently the Sooloos Core does not run on QNAP, but Meridian have said it's on the roadmap. So today you would also need a Sooloos device to run the Core i.e. a MC200.

Roon
Presently the Roon appplication does not run on QNAP, it is on the roadmap but I've know idea on timing. Thus today you would also need a PC or Mac.
Also the Roon application does not run on iPad, it is on the roadmap, but most likely support for Android will be launched first.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)