If you have a smallish collection, or are very satisfied with your current Sooloos system then I would suggest buying a used TwinStore or MD600.

The Roon system is already very good, not even at 1.0 yet (disclaimer: I have already purchased what is hopefully a perpetual license). I was also very happy with the Sooloos (even with the inherent limitations).

Since you are in CT nearish to me perhaps I could offer you a demo of Roon if are ever nearby to Fairfield County (Near the NY border).

I also think Roon probably does Classical digital audio better than any system I have used and blows away Sonos with its metadata richness. I'm intrigued by the Radio (nee Swim) functionality and the ability to automatically play similarish songs that often don't get chosen by myself.

I'm eager to see the Tablet interface released and more streaming sources supported.


Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server