logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by En1omb
Where did you find the list of endpoints?
Bottom of the Roon home page.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Isn't that a list of partners?

Russ

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 149
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 149
Likes: 1
It turns out Chrome isn't seeing the updated home page. all good in IE. Thanks


F80
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
Could someone explain how Roon integrates into my existing Meridian system (see my system below)? Will it work with my existing Meridian core/store/endpoint?


Roon, MS600, Simaudio 780D, Simaudio P-8/W-8 and Revel Studio 2s
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hello Kerry

I will try, Roon runs on a PC/Mac and it replaces the Sooloos core, the two can not be run at the same time, you connect the PC to the network, wired is best, and it will see your audio endpoints much like Sooloos currently does.

The MD600 is at most store and core, as you no longer require the core it is left as a store, however it stores the files in a proprietary format that does not currently work well with Roon, the suggestion is to do a native FLAC export of your library to a file system of you choice (which could also be on the MD600 if it has appropriate capacity) and then setup Roon to "watch" it. However, using a MD600 just as a NAS is a waste, I know as I have one.

I personally have chosen to export my library to a QNAP NAS which has enough capacity to also have my existing Sooloos library on it as well, therefore I can run Roon for now, but at any time I can revert to Sooloos if the mood takes me, and as Sooloos core will be enabled on the QNAP NAS then I have all bases covered... I think.

Cheers

Russ

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
On trying to keep up with the Roon forum I can see why Meridian were happy to spin this off if the software was going to be opened up from the closed Meridian architecture.

The guys at Roon are doing a great job coping with the many ways users are trying to implement things. Very often, as I see it, without planning for the long term, trying to facilitate whatever is to hand.
There is nothing wrong with this as enthusiasts will tinker and such is the attraction of the great Roon software, just that It is all so far from the Meridian world we know.

Now we wait to see how the two worlds will finally settle down like good compatible neighbours.

Just thoughts, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Chris

I suspect that it was because Roon wanted to open it up that the split occurred in the first place.

Russ

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
Entirely logical as I see it.

The dev team have the know-how to enable Roon work with many types of end point... tick.

This greatly enhances the commercial potential of the app... tick.

Opening up the app and getting hardware partners to adopt things like RoonSpeaker protocols would be quite a tough ask if it were branded Meridian Sooloos VX.x.

In a similar way it is probably quite a task to get the same people to take MQA even though the M in MQA doesn't stand for Meridian (we know it does really wink )

Asking them to do 2 M things ?... hmmm

So, spin it off... tick, tick, tick... and a few other consequential benefits comes too.

It doesn't matter who initiated proceedings really. The end result is the right one.


Rgds,
Nick


Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Parky43007, Grole, BrokenDownAngel), 238 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,168
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 32 (0.018s) Memory: 0.8599 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 18:48:47 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS