Russ,
I think that's sensible. I thought just pointing Roon to the Sooloos database would be an option, but for large libraries I now don't think it is. Roon's ability to dynamically manage the files and the database is a big plus point in favour of having two libraries.
In addition it won't take 3 hours of digging around in the Sooloos debug to find the FLAC files to load onto my Pono.
Since I had the spare ReadyNAS and a few old disks lying around it wasn't a hard decision to make. I'm also covered for my music if one of the NAS breaks down, with offsite back up in the IoW.
[Edit] Really wish that Sooloos export just stuck a folder.jpg in the same directory rather than embedding the artwork in the files themselves. I'm hoping that MediaMonkey or the like will be able to process these out. [/Edit]
Last edited by dpstjp; 2015-05-12 13:46. Reason: artwork
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|