Part of the problem with this approach is the music directory structure of Sooloos makes it far less easy for Roon to scan properly. For example I have an opera where one of the three disks in Roon is apparently a different release to the other two. If these were nested in a single folder hierarchy it would be a lot easier for Roon to parse the database, with fewer errors.
I'm just firing up an old ReadyNAS to export all my music to so I can get a better feel for how well Roon will identify multidisk albums versus the extremely clunky way Sooloos handles it. I'd be running two databases but ultimately I'll get a better idea of how Roon runs without the issues that using a single database that is structured for Sooloos creates.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|