|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi Tom,
You mention Sooloos cost, but this topic is about the cost of Roon, so forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.
From a Roon point of view all you have to do is add audio end points be they Meridian or non-Meridian.
Network Connected Endpoint Examples MS200 MS600 MC200 MC600 808 818 861 AirPlay Devices Others manufactures (in the pipeline)
Directly Connected Endpoint Examples Meridian Prime Meridian Explorer USB DACs (asynchronous versions are best) Mac internal audio device PC internal audio device Tablet internal audio device
So there is the cost of the hardware itself (be that Meridian or otherwise). As for Roon licensing; there has been informal talk of a one off fee or subscription. I guess it's possible that the licensing model could be tiered as well i.e. max number devices might be a factor ... but I really don't know. I suspect we will have to wait just a little while longer to find out.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|