Actually, when I say it irks me, what I really mean is I resent paying annual subscriptions for something I used to be able to purchase as a one off, on the basis of providing me with functionality I didn't ask for, don't want and probably won't ever use...

... but I can see it makes perfect sense for a product like Roon. And tbh, an annual fee of $100 sounds okay to me, if it really is as good as we think it's going to be, and (crucial this one) if $100 doesn't puzzlingly equate to �100 for us UK customers. mad

But I will still probably go lifetime tho' if I can afford it!

Neil


Main listening room - DSP5200SE
Satellite(!) listening room - DSP3200, AC200, 818v3, 500, 504, MC200, Humax Foxsat HDR (for recording radio), Slingbox Solo
Townshend Elite Rock Turntable, Nakamichi RX-202E Cassette (for old times' sake)