I think the lifetime subscription option could be key.
I know software companies are all trying to move to a software as a service annual subscription model, but I must admit it really irks me.
In the world of accountancy/payroll software, a substantial initial investment used to give you an application you could use for years, perhaps with some user-updateable screens for legislation parameters etc.
Those days have gone, and now they expect you to pay the original price and then some, each and every year, justifying that with the annual addition of new bloatware features which you will never use...
If the lifetime sub offer for Roon is anything like a reasonable price, then that is definitely the way I will go, and from the teasers and extensive information they have shared to date, I reckon it's going to be a bazzer!
Couple that with the astonishing MQA SQ most of us have now experienced, and our listening will have been completely revolutionised.
I can't wait

Neil