Questions will come in time, but as someone with an extensive classical music collection, who has found the Sooloos handling of metadata for classical music extremely frustrating; but who has (perhaps thankfully) never had the time to groom my own metadata to resolve the many shortcomings...
... that looks extremely promising!
Neil
Main listening room - DSP5200SE Satellite(!) listening room - DSP3200, AC200, 818v3, 500, 504, MC200, Humax Foxsat HDR (for recording radio), Slingbox Solo Townshend Elite Rock Turntable, Nakamichi RX-202E Cassette (for old times' sake)
Looks fantastic. I'm glad I ripped my collection using dBpoweramp and don't have to go through the Sooloos export routine, but a little concerned about how Roon will convert my carefully groomed metadata on over 5000 albums and nearly 1000 hi res classical downloads. I suspect there will be plenty of manual intervention but at least the architecture appears to be in place.
Anyone have any idea on launch date?
Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS 2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1 Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
No need to sell. You won't have anything to play it on.
Look, I don't want to, but it's all a giant mess. Between whatever is going on with M and MQA and this, its all very poorly executed. It's funny, you can always tell when the inside guys know a new product is getting ready to launch, as you will see a spike in certain hardware on Audiogon...
I am more at peace with Roon, simply because I have an idea of what is going on, there is transparency.
Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC. Secondary: MC600 (whole house). Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE. Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).