Charlie,
Whilst not disagreeing with you I'd qualify your comment about Roon giving us an alternative way to use our Sooloos hardware. It provides us with an alternative way to use some of our Sooloos hardware.
The Control units (the C15 is still being sold by M to my knowledge with an RRP of �4,750) become displayless end points under my understanding of Roon, and this would appear to be borne out from the responses I've received. It remains to be seen how M go forward with them in the Sooloos system, I do hope they have some sort of future as they have a presence and statement that an iPad can never have. They do need SSDs going forward, though. As an aside I was pleasantly surprised when my Control:One updated to 2.449.
I had no illusions that my legacy Sooloos system was cutting edge when I put it together, but I did so in the belief that it would continue to work in some form of Sooloos architecture until I decided not to use them, rather than M deciding they should no longer function on a unilateral basis.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|