Quote
You got it.

As I said, I'd love it if Meridian would offer a Roon software upgrade for the MC200 and other cores. The new software has higher CPU and ram requirements, but I'm sure it'd work.

The endpoint only devices at Meridian would not need any upgrades. MS200, MS600, ID4x, etc...

If Meridian does not offer an upgrade to the "cores", you can still use them as an endpoint, and I believe the storage is already exposed as a read/write SMB share. It should work fine.

If you want to get going with Roon ASAP, it'll be a simple thing to do with existing gear, and maybe some upgrades will possible later, from Meridian and others.

Until there is:
1. Deal between M and Roon
2. Roon packaging and testing an MC200 linux distro with Roon server

If you want Roon, probably need to atleast slap another RAM DIMM into MC200.

If no MC200/linux distro is announced then I guess it could be time to think about replacing the mini itx board with something that can run windows 10 with passive cooling and install roon.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.