What I was saying is that there is plenty of evidence that Jay-z is just the front man here. First, several of the artists here are represented by Jay-Z's label Roc Nation. So it makes me question how many are truly owners in the traditional sense. Second, the primary driver of the Roc Nation investment into Tidal came from someone who was a principal in KKR, one of the largest private equity firms in the world. I am aware that several of KKR's team members were at last night's launch, suggesting there is more than a casual relationship. So all the investments and aggressive tactics to secure hi rez content coming from a more corporate side. Makes me happy as it was looking like Tidal was going to turn into a soley urban/pop portal, given who they paraded out onto stage. I feel this isn't as much the case, with a little more balance in the ownership structure.

But yes, this appears to be all about the money!


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).