I hope they do what they say and support ALL Artists allowing them a platform for the modern world which allows them to get paid.
This means we will all have to get used to paying for music and most of us here are probably happy to do so.
If it is used as a method for self aggrandisement and only rich artists getting richer, then I am off. So I can understand the scepticism which seems to come with anything new. We saw a lot with the MQA announcements as well.
With this money I also think more investment is required in the area of Metadata. Brand new albums with out even a release date and credits is a bit poor for �19.99 a month.
What I do want is a platform where all artists, even the smallest start ups get support and promotion.
The best quality audio utilising technologies like MQA as they become available.
Continued investment in Metadata and the current curation services offered.
Only time will tell, but if the Artists don't do it, nobody else will. This will give them somthing useful to do with their wealth. Payback time perhaps.
Thoughts, Chris
