Carl, in all fairness it should mostly be addressed to Tidal even though this is part of a promotion deal between Tidal and Meridian.

They should have thought about this case
Same as when you offer a product for one price with an incentive and then lower the price shortly after. Tends to annoy people.

Maybe $60 is nothing for you but for me it matters.

Also, the only free upgrade I see is the ability to use a service I have to pay for. I'm not sure what the financial deal is between Meridian and Tidal but we could assume Meridian didn't do this for free, i.e. there is money coming back from Tidal. Or they justified it through increased sales.

Last edited by MagnusB; 2015-03-27 22:47. Reason: additional info

Main: Marantz Cinema 50, Meridian 271, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, DSP5000 rears, Meridian 210.
PC/Headphones: Mytek Liberty II, Sansui CA-F1, Sansui B-2301, Sennheiser HD800, Kef R3