logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
I am in the process of importing albums via the Control:15, and up until now have been fine. I updated, and it was still fine.

Last night I went to do another disk and it couldn't find artwork, or album details. I dismissed it and manually entered it.

It is doing the same this morning on well known disks.
It seems to hover on finding data and staying there.
I have reset the lot, closed down and re booted the Sooloos and the network. The Sooloos says it is connected to the internet and the iPad finds it on the IP address it was set to.

Could it be a Sooloos problem or does the web site it gets data from be down?

Any suggestions welcome!


DSPs for sale
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hi Jabb

Once the album is imported you could try selecting it on the C15 then select edit album (from memory) then get metadata? and see what if anything Sooloos finds, an alternative if nothing is found is to edit the album on Control:PC / Control:Mac and cut and paste what you want.

Russ

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
I find that some days the info is just not there and others it is. Also very new albums often have little data and you have to re import data later (That Rhymes) as Russ suggested.
All part of the Joy of Sooloos but you do get to know your library this way. Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Hi JABB

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

I have tried importing 9 discs using C15. Given up trying for now.

No metadata is found.

I can only speculate that Metadata Service is down.

Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Hello All,

Try now! wink

... someone had to be 'woken up' smile

Cheers,
Ian.


Martins HiFi Meridian Partner for East Anglia 01603 627010
Our History Meet the Team
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Thanks Ian

Normal service is resumed

Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by Martins HiFi
Try now! wink
... someone had to be 'woken up' smile
I love that! Thanks Ian


DSPs for sale
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
No worries. smile

I hope ripping has resumed successfully!

Cheers,
Ian.


Martins HiFi Meridian Partner for East Anglia 01603 627010
Our History Meet the Team
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
It has thanks. Keep feeding him custard creams, I have a few more to go yet!


DSPs for sale
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Oh dear, back off again. Is this a common occurrence? Can you wake him up again please, I haven't finished!


DSPs for sale
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Yep, same here JABB. It is down again.

Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Several CD's I preordered several months ago I ripped and now am trying to import - seems the Webservice for Sooloos identification that normally works so well is not working ... please restart!


Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CalenW), 199 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
GMT 6
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,162
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 40 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8831 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 05:43:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS