To add a little more information for those with a better technical understanding than myself.

As I understand it the 818 was always the source... the C15 was taking its data from an external hard-drive hidden away.

818 (modified to v3) was displaying 96k and SE speakers were displaying higher resolution i.e. 192k with the initial demo.

When Richard was playing the updated tracks from his laptop via the 818, the 818 display changed to show 'MQA'... but no sample rate.

The 8000SE then showed MQA + sample rate i.e. 192k/384k depending upon the track.

It was also noted that to get the most out of MQA you still need MHR.

I know SE speakers 'support' MHR but are they actually doing the same job as the MHR card in the 818? Hoping those more technically minded can maybe shed some light.

This I'd like to know, as once Sooloos is updated to support MQA could I just go straight into SE speakers and use the MQA/MHR in side them or is the MQA/MHR in the 818 adding something extra/'doing the work'. This could save me an 818 upgrade if it's as simple as that smile probably not the case though.

What I definitely do know though 100%

Whatever was being unpacked/decoded/rendered, wherever in the system, was the best sounding, most realistic music I'd ever heard... on any system.

I let my ears decide for me, not the spec or numbers of the devices/files.

Here's hoping my next upgrade is a free software update smile


Music Room: 818v3, DSP8000SE (SpeakerLink cables), iPad control
Shunyata Denali Power Distributor, fed by SIgma NR V2 + Sigma digital(818) + 2x Alpha NR(DSP8000SE)
Network Acoustics ENO filter + Rubicon Switch(powered by IFI IPower Elite)

Office: Stax SRS2020 via ifi Signature
Spare: DSP5200 + MC200

Running Roon Core on SonicTransporter