Originally I said I would be attending with two friends on the Saturday... unfortunately one of my friends needs to pull out, so we are down to two. Just in case this helps with numbers.
We are looking forward to tomorrow... although it was a rather expensive visit two years ago.
Cheers Roy
861v8+ID41, DSP8000, DSP5200HC, DSP5200, HD621, Lumagen Radiance XD, Panasonic TH50VX100, Dune 3.0. All controlled via Philips Pronto 9600 & iPad 3. (Living room). MS200, DSP320's speakers (Kitchen). Roon server on i7 Sonictransport supplying the 861,MS200 and a couple of SB touch. Explorer for my Mac Pro.
I urge everyone who is able to go to attend this event. Today is the last chance. Both the 7k2s and the 8ks have been very carefully set up and sound magnificent playing MQA material (I did not listen to the 5k2s). This is a wonderful opportunity to hear systems sounding their very best. And the staff are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Without question! I shall certainly be upgrading my 808.5. And my 861v8 as soon as possible thereafter.
To enjoy Tidal in my 2 channel system I shall have to drill a hole through the wall to run a cable to my router. And I will also have to get a laptop and tablet. Thankfully none of that is needed for the 861. So the outlay and bother is greater than just the upgrade. But I am certain it will be more than worth it.
For comparison, go to Bristol and listen to the Naim Statement system at the Marriott. I would unhesitatingly choose the Meridian system rather than the Naim.
I did not press the point. We just agreed that it would be coming later in the year. When talking to staff you just have to accept that there is some information that they can give you and some they cannot. And I was not being pushy (just a pushover!).
Thanks. It really is one of those things that you need to hear; and then it's open the wallet time... Let's just hope that the studios keep up their end of the bargain.
Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Because the MQA decoding ability has been brought into the basic version upgrade path rather than offered as an optional card, the only choice for people wanting to keep their 818 current is one of timing. This is an indication that Meridian are going all-in on MQA.
Steve Synology NAS, PC RoonServer, 818v3, DSP7200SE, LG OLED55B7V, BDP-103, SkyQ-2TB