logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
smile

Russ

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by Ludwig
If it helps the statistics, I stepped on my Explorer1 hard enough for there to be a crunching sound, and it still works perfectly. crazy
You've been reading all the internet posts about boot loaders haven't you? Don't want to tell you this but thats not what they meant.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Glad to hear your Explorer is OK!

How are your Metatarsus?

Can you still press the loud pedal on the Steinway? wink

Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 106
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 106
Well my supplier should receive it back tomorrow, hopefully I will get my replacement soon.


861v8, 8000SE, 7200HC, Tidal/Roon, Explorer 1
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mine just failed, less than a month old. Amazon return accepted. There were two others in the Amazon comments with the same issue. Should I buy this locally or try Amazon again?


DSP 5000s front, DSP 5000HC Center, DSP 33 Rear, Totem Storm Subwoofer, G68SL, Meridian 210
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Likes: 1
My replacement from Amazon is still working well. Get's used every day in the office. Even has the blue MQA light laugh


Cinema: DSP5000 (18 bit), DSP5000C, DSP33, 568.1, Quad L-Sub
Music: DSP5000 (24 bit), MS200 + Reviver, Roon
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Likes: 1
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 30
Likes: 1
I recommend to not simply unplug the Explore (2) if it is still on power. The best means to disconnect it from your PC is to shut down your computer and disconnect it afterwards.
I have always done so and until now I have never had issues, neither with an Explorer1, nor with the 2.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
This is awkward, but I have borrowed an Explorer 2 from a friend. It was working lovely with QNAP and Roon.

I went to it just now and it's dead. No Lights but still warm to touch.
I hope he has some warranty.

Any idea's? Chris


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Sorry for your troubles but all Explorer 2's should still be under warranty.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Thanks for that, I'll make the call to my friend with the news.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
Thanks for that, I'll make the call to my friend with the news.
That's MY Explorer 2! shocked
Originally Posted by CMB Integrations - Bruce
but all Explorer 2's should still be under warranty.
I hope so. I'll contact Rick as it came from Audio Images.


Forum Idiot
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
Thanks for that, I'll make the call to my friend with the news.
He was his friend. whistle


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (swpnt, CMB Integrations - Bruce, spinaltap, SturmBlade), 239 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.054s Queries: 40 (0.028s) Memory: 0.8895 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 15:07:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS