|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297 |
I saw this comment on the ComputerAudiophile site posted after CES. It is getting me more excited. Also in the Meridian room I received a demonstration of the next generation Sooloos software. I�m not a liberty to discuss what I saw and what I was told, but I can say it was absolutely awesome. Note he also commented that he was very disappointed that in the MQA demo that MQA encoded tracks were only compared to 128 MP3.
Jim Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2 D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03 Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
We had this before, the demo is what people stream now 128k verses what they can have MQA. How is that not fair? MQA is all about making STREAMING possible WITH Master Quality Authentication. How awesome is that? Compare that to MP3? Ohh, they just did... Lol Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297 |
Since most of us who spend time on this site are more than likely have a predilection to Meridian products; I thought it was important to point out that not everyone, including a website that gets a lot computer based audio traffic, is as of yet jumping up and down at what they have heard.
Jim Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2 D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03 Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297 |
Another point, those who will be interested in paying for MQA tracks are probably not listening to 128 steams. The have been purchasing 256 or higher. At least demo against that or TIDAL.
Jim Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2 D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03 Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
I'm a Sooloos user, but I choose not to subscribe to Rhapsody due to AQ compared to lossless but many do.
I think the MP3 vs MQA demo should really be aimed at the streaming houses to say "look what quality can be achieved at only 1mbs bandwidth.
I think it's fair to say that audiophiles will manly be interested in the "better than lossless" aspect of MQA.
However, these points are not really related to this topic we should continue this discussion in the main MQA topic.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 68
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 68 |
Meridian Sooloos The latest version of the Meridian Sooloos software, version 2.2, will be on display, featuring integration with the TIDAL high-resolution streaming system. Sooloos 2.2 also includes enhanced performance and improved iOS apps.
At the same time, TIDAL will be launching their MQA streaming service, which will be presented in the suite.
Control:15, TwinStores (2) w/Seagate ST33000651AS 3TB Drives, SourceOne, Drobo D5 Storage, Messenger Preamp, Ayon Skylla II DAC, Gamut D200 MKIII Amps, Dali Euphonia MS-5, CS-4, AS-2, RS-3 Speakers.
|
|
|
|
1 members (Maz),
288
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|