logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ian

I was not ready for coming back to earth!! cry

Russ

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
That might be true for some people Ian, but having benchmarked an absolute level of quality through the (ringless) 7200SEs, I can say that I'd be prepared to live without the rings if I could obtain the 'speakers for several �000 less than new SEs.

What are the sums anyway?


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
If I go down the road of the clamp rings (that is to replace the 7200.2's), then I'd probably have to consider the 8000SE's at the same time. Either way, it's an expensive journey.

If it's only going to give a 5% improvement, I think there is little point. If the difference is far higher, then lord help me.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
VK

There are used 8000.2's currently on HH for �12k, add the SE upgrade at �11,500 gives a total of �23,500, new 8000SE's �44,000 (I think) all full retail prices, clamp rings effective cost �20,500.

I think I know where I am on this confused

YMMV

Russ

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
@ �23,500 that is an awesome speaker. If you were looking at 7200SE new then upgraded 8kSE minus rings is a great option. Hard to ignore.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Worth adding that you don't need 8000.2s either. 8000.1s can be upgraded to full (sans-rings) SE spec (with warranty).

Big speakers, but magnificent.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958
Likes: 5
But who is going to break the news to my wife?


James
NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon
NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps

FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon
FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
James

Upgraded SE's look identical to the uninitiated, so just the cost to bury. laugh

Russ

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
In my case, 8ks + ceiling speakers: WAF = 0


Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
frown

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (RobertW, TKimages), 562 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.071s Queries: 35 (0.038s) Memory: 0.8653 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 12:55:52 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS