Thoughts sought on a proposed upgrade.
I am thinking of selling my analogue Meridian system and buying some DSP7200's upgraded to SE spec. My listening room is not large, 13 feet x 12 feet and ceiling 9 feet high, large bay window one end where speakers would be placed either side. The property is quite old and has suspended wooden floors, (no carpet).
Three questions:
1. Do you think 7200SE's would be over kill in such a small room on a wooden floor with speakers quite close to walls?
2. How much difference do the new metal mountings make over upgraded units. Unfortunately home demo of upgraded speakers will not be possible as the upgrade would only occur if I agreed to purchase.
3. Rather than buy an Audio Core 200 which with the advent of MQA will be quickly out of date, I wondered if I could run direct from my C15 or via Director as a temporary measure until new hardware is launched?
I am not terrible well clued up on the tech side of things but thought waiting a little while might be the way to go rather than installing new software/firmware once it becomes available.
My other option is to go straight for new 5200SE's