Tidal does sound good in theory but my concerns are as follows:

1. Is the business model sustainable? They will need a serious amount of 'audiophiles' to make it work long term, and I'm not sure the general public would be prepared to pay a premium for the increased fidelity. Even if they did, you can bet Spotify/Google/Amazon etc. would start to offer a premium service if there was a clear demand for it. If Tidal went to the wall, what would then happen to the sizeable library I had built 'in the cloud'...?

2. I like to carry a decent amount of music on my phone for my commute/gym etc. where there is no WiFi. Assuming a FLAC album at 400MB and an MP3 at 100MB, then my library would be reduced to a 1/4 of it's previous size. I would then need to resort to streaming (in a 4G area) which would then eat into my data allowance. So would I need to spend an additional �x a month to get increased data allowance? The alternative I guess would be to rotate my collection which would be a pain...

So I am yet to be convinced. Will depend a lot on the offline option and how that will work on Sooloos.


DSP5200, ifi Zen Stream, 218, Tidal Connect