logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 10 of 12 1 2 … 8 9 10 11 12
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
I must say, I am really starting to enjoy Tidal. I like all the managed lists and music suggestions. With that, I hope that M is somehow able to integrate these functions in Sooloos. If it's just a download service like Rhapsody is today, it will be a mild disappointment and not much of an upgrade.


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Don't forget that Tidal is lossless and Rhapsody is not.
So that's quite an upgrade in its own right.

Regards,
Carl



861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Ah, that is correct. I guess I was assuming that with Rhapsody upping the quality of its streaming service, the downloads were the same. But you are correct.



Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by Yetis
If it's just a download service like Rhapsody is today,
I am confused by your statement. Rhapsody via MDMS is not a download service, rather it is streamed. I would hope that is how Tidal is integrated into Sooloos. We would get slightly better SQ for albums we don't want to own but would like to have at our fingertips for the occasional listen.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 234
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 234
I guess you could classify the streaming benefits into:
- ease of streaming
- ease of accessing almost unlimited music
- lossless\HD quality
- ease of discovering new music

First one is tackled by Sooloos for your own collection and the second covered by the addition of Rhapsody.
The third one could be covered with Tidal.

The fourth one however will not be covered if the existing interface of Sooloos is kept. One of the key differentiators for Spotify and the likes (and hearing the remarks here also Tidal) is the easy of finding new music. The ease with which to discover new music is where the real unique selling point comes in for the services.

Curious to see how Sooloos is able to integrate and preserve the music discovery options.
I don't think this is an easy task. Although, seeing the Spotify connect feature, if Sooloos could somehow have a 'connect' feature for Tidal (and others), then this would give us the best of both worlds.


Meridian G68 AXV, HD621 | Cinepro 2k6mk5 | 4x Scanspeak A4 monitors, center & 26W Sub | RPi Hifiberry digi+ | Roon
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Originally Posted by Still-one
I am confused by your statement. Rhapsody via MDMS is not a download service, rather it is streamed.

That is news to me. They have an offline download service such as Tidal so I have always assumed its the same. Based on my experience, it is a download and can also be a stream.


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
I've been pleased with the almost daily broadening of the Tidal playlists and recommended music areas, pleased enough to drop my Spotify account, so I really hope for a fully integrated interface from Meridian Streaming and not the simple search facility we have now for Rhapsody.
I would go as far as saying that if the link to Meridian isn't fully featured or even a straight hook into the Tidal App, my use of my Meridian streaming would dwindle away in favour of Tidal.


Geoff

861v4-LPS, ID40, MC200, Roon, Tidal
DSP7000, DSP5200HC, DSP5000.3, Oracle Delphi IV, SME V, Dynavector DV17mk3.
Mac Mini(2010), Synology NAS/Plex Server
Schitt Lyr, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800, Beyer Terminator v4.
Oppo BDP-93/Vanity93Lite, Sony PW-10, Grandview 100" screen
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Ge03 has a real valid point. To stay current Sooloos needs a good marriage with Tidal/Streaming portals. Our preference should be to start the Sooloos app everytime, otherwise it will be soon forgotten.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Originally Posted by Yetis
Originally Posted by Still-one
I am confused by your statement. Rhapsody via MDMS is not a download service, rather it is streamed.
That is news to me. They have an offline download service such as Tidal so I have always assumed it's the same. Based on my experience, it is a download and can also be a stream.
There are others here who are far more knowledgable of MDMS but as I understand when you play a CD that you tagged on Rhapsody in Sooloos you are actually streaming those tracks over the internet not downloading music to you MC200 or other core/store device. Maybe we are talking about different things here.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
That is correct. Whilst both streaming and downloading digital purchases involve transferring data across the internet the current Rhapsody does not store the file locally.

The key differentiator for Tidal is that content is optionally stored locally when you first access it. This means that potentially you have that content for as long as you pay the Tidal fee...avoiding the need to always use the bandwidth to play the same album.

This really feels like a new business model. I haven't subscribed yet as I have no convenient way to use without system integration. However, everyone I have spoken to so far has been very positive about the experience.


Rgds,
Nick


Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Nick

It will be interesting to see how Meridian integrate Tidal into Sooloos? Until then I will bide my time.

Russ

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 519
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by Ge03
I've been pleased with the almost daily broadening of the Tidal playlists and recommended music areas, pleased enough to drop my Spotify account, so I really hope for a fully integrated interface from Meridian Streaming and not the simple search facility we have now for Rhapsody.
I would go as far as saying that if the link to Meridian isn't fully featured or even a straight hook into the Tidal App, my use of my Meridian streaming would dwindle away in favour of Tidal.

+2.

I love Tidal (so far) and am impatiently waiting for the Meridian/Tidal integration. Since it became available is the only medium I've used.


Lumin A1, Shindo Aurieges, Sanders Loudspeakers. DSP5000.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 … 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (TA), 414 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.071s Queries: 40 (0.036s) Memory: 0.8924 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 21:12:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS