|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
G997 Hitchhiker
|
|
G997 Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376 |
Still won't connect after laptop is put to sleep then resigned in
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4 |
Sorry if I missed a post in this thread, but did you already reboot your router, Kingsrule?
The last time I was unable to het Control:Mac to connect via WiFi (not on Yosemite), I spent quite some time trying to figure out where Control:Mac was getting Core's IP address from. I used Dtrace, trudged through binaries for clues with the strings command, deleted cache files, cracked open all the etc, to no avail.
Control:Mac did connect via a wired connection. The only thing that made WiFi work again was to reboot the router.
I'd still love to know how Control:Mac determines what IP to connect to.
Soundserge
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
I have had Apple TV issues where functions just didn't work until the router was rebooted. Could be the same here.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
I'd still love to know how Control:Mac determines what IP to connect to. Multicast groups: either 239.255.255.249:9001 - general Sooloos discovery messages or 239.255.250.250:9131 - AMX beacon message 239.255.255.248:9002 also provides application status logging If you have a network that treats multicast as multicast rather than broadcast, then these will be invisible to you unless you join the multicast group. Also, many wifi access points filter these messages to the point that specific messages, such as AMX beacon messages, may only be received several minutes apart - hence the appearance of no connection. If you monitor for status logging group, you should see loads of log messages as logging over network is quite prolific on Sooloos. The general Sooloos discovery messages come round about 15-20 seconds apart, until they are being filtered by wireless access points but one device may send several types of discovery messages. i.e. a MC200 will send core, store, audio endpoint, broker messages so you should see something on group 249 every few seconds. These are in conjunction with UDP unicast messages for audio and TCP messages for handshaking.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
G997 Hitchhiker
|
|
G997 Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376 |
I 'm pretty sure I have some setting issue in my router as my wireless is an access point but I really am stumped....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi, Des at Meridian has posted Sooloos iPhone app update (iOS 8). Go test  Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
2 members (MalcolmW, SpaceJS),
273
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|