Originally Posted by NetChord
I find it modestly amusing that folks who have spent +$50k or more on hifi equipment are balking at paying $30/month for a virtually limitless catalog of music to play on it.
I own almost all of the music I know I like, the CDs I buy are random punts at stuff I think I might like, at a guess about �10 to �20 per month. The idea of throwing �20 ($32.01) at stuff I don't know I if I like and have no spare time to explore is not my idea of a good investment. Feel free to throw your money away and let me know if there's anything truly unmissable in the things you have so much time to spend exploring.

If the cost to me was $20 per month (�12.50) I might be more interested in doing that than buying CDs (despite the lack of tangible media come the revolution...).

In the meantime I can politely suggest that somebody who pays $20 per month refrains from preaching to those expected to (unjustifiably) pay �20 for exactly the same service. Irrespective of their investment in reproductive equipment.

I thank you.

Richard