logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 11 12
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
I got the email, but as it worked out I am in Germany from my IP it simply doesn't work for me.

Great.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 37
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 37
Got mine today and currently streaming from my MacBook Pro into an Airport Express, optically into the G91 - so far so good, except the occasional audio drop out over WiFi, I assume due to the double bandwidth required to get it to and from the laptop...


#1 - MC200 1TB, G91DH DAB, DSP5200, DSP5200HC
#2 - Explorer2, UE900
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
I feel your pain, there's not a single Apple Store here in Ireland, Apple Pay neither, all we are good for is laundering their ridiculous profits. Regularly used to being shafted by couriers to/from Ireland even though some parts of the U.K. mainland are much further apart.

Bought a Region B BD of Snow White last year in Oxford Street only to arrive home to be told, uh-oh, you live in the wrong iTunes region (Ireland-not U.K.) so no digital copy for you!!

Anyway, Ludwig, at least you will have a shorter wait in Germany than we will here frown

Enjoy it when you get it!

~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 6
Robert.W
Great Green Arkleseizure
Robert.W
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by Ludwig
I got the email, but as it worked out I am in Germany from my IP it simply doesn't work for me.
Same to me here in Austria...

Refer to my knowledge the ABC.. starts with A(ustria) ...later on G(ermany) and close to the end comes U... like US and UK.
But that is just in my dream.


800v3/218/271/8k.2/5k5s smile /5kC/DSP3200/Reviver/
TT-ELP/Graham Slee Revelation/Trinnov Altitude 32/OPPO 205
__Ayon/HB/Shunyata/Miltzow -- power cables,
__Ayon/Jungson/Miltzow --analog, Miltzow-- digital,
__Vortex/WMA ,
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
Received the invite for 30 day trial but on following the link - keep getting "user name already registered" and if I log in with that I've only got the 7 day trial! Not a good start.


Geoff

861v4-LPS, ID40, MC200, Roon, Tidal
DSP7000, DSP5200HC, DSP5000.3, Oracle Delphi IV, SME V, Dynavector DV17mk3.
Mac Mini(2010), Synology NAS/Plex Server
Schitt Lyr, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800, Beyer Terminator v4.
Oppo BDP-93/Vanity93Lite, Sony PW-10, Grandview 100" screen
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
It is pretty good. Layout seems suspiciously similar to Rhapsody, though at 3x the monthly price. It would appear that one is limited to 3x devices. So that would mean your phone/Sooloos and then presumably one lucky person in your family or your other mobile device. I think Rhapsody allows five. No indication you can add additional user, though I am sure you can. There is a Spotify interface.

A real quick search would indicate a very deep library of classical and jazz, with multiple labels, issues etc. Have already downloaded a couple gigs to the Nexus 5. Will follow up with sound quality review later. Have downloaded duplicate albums on Rhapsody, to see if I can tell the difference.

Finally, despite a deep search for anything M related, found nothing. Does however highlight their wireless options along with integration into Apple airplay and airDAC technology. I look forward to the M AirDAC... (Yetis speculation)

Last edited by Yetis; 2014-10-29 01:00.

Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Still have a big problem with the price �19.99 per month after free 30 day trial!
I cannot currently justify this when U.S. price is $19.99.
The only RIP in this is the UK price.
We are being drip fed and until we can see the whole picture I'm out.
Hector

Last edited by Hector; 2014-10-29 00:58.

AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
As I would only use it via Sooloos, there is no point trialing it without proper integration.

The �20 seems steep to me especialy when I have so much music I already own to explore.

There are only so many hours in the day to listen so I am out for now. Chris


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
The �20 seems steep to me
Same here. I'm sat here asking my 19 year old son why I don't get it. Second hand CDs for �1.50, that's a lot a month.

It may be that I'm just a grumpy old fart.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the difference will come with the downloaded content. As we know, there is a considerable improvement in disks ripped to my Sooloos server vs the versions downloaded via Rhapsody. I suspect that Tidal is looking to eliminate this dynamic, placing CD quality recordings on your Hard drive? Now I don't want to get into the FLAC vs .WAV debate (being a .WAV guy), but beyond that, I look forward to seeing if their successful.


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
On my first quick look over, the feature that seems to be missing is the 'Radio' function from Spotify. I use this like the Sooloos swim, I pick a track and Spotify will keep finding similar music all day (or night) long, my own personal radio playlist.
I'll give it a whirl to see if the curated music is any good or if members can publish playlists to share but unless it can match Spotify for bringing me new music I like I won't be keeping it.


Geoff

861v4-LPS, ID40, MC200, Roon, Tidal
DSP7000, DSP5200HC, DSP5000.3, Oracle Delphi IV, SME V, Dynavector DV17mk3.
Mac Mini(2010), Synology NAS/Plex Server
Schitt Lyr, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800, Beyer Terminator v4.
Oppo BDP-93/Vanity93Lite, Sony PW-10, Grandview 100" screen
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Very early days for making judgements, it should be interesting to see how it develops over time.

Russ

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 11 12

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (JCD), 472 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.064s Queries: 40 (0.026s) Memory: 0.8930 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 10:20:33 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS