logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#222686 2014-10-20 17:14
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hi, I'm new to the Meridian scene and have recently purchased an MC200 & MS200. Like most people I guess, I spent the first few days after setting it up rifling through every band I'd ever heard of's Rhapsody/Napster back catalogue and listening to the amazing sounds coming from my QUAD pre amp/amp & ESL63 setup.

Everything was working fine through my iPad and then I decided to add some CDs onto the MC200. I installed the Control:PC and started to follow instructions.

I was amazed how poor the response rate was in loading and sometimes the inability of my PC to actually find the source. I began to wonder if there was some sort of networking problem as I also began to experience a 'screen refresh' on the the Control:PC which promptly lost whatever I was doing e.g. playing or trying to import CDs from my PC and retuned me back to the opening screen.

I then tried to import music from one of my NAS drives. (By this time I'd found the workaround in the thread read that suggested playing music via the Control:PC before you start importing which improved matters greatly but not completely as the dreaded 'refresh' continues to occur.

So far I have had zero success with importing directly from the NAS drive. The system hangs on 0% import and then either the screen refreshes or simply crashes the Control:PC software.

I've also occasionally noticed a little pop up message in the bottom RHS corner of my screen saying something like 'network conflict error'. This reminded of of problems I used to have with my previous SONOS system which invariably were fixed by changing the SONOS 'Channel' number.

In summary then:

1. Is there a way of changing the MC200 channel number - I've had a quick look at the Sooloos Configuration file but am not sure which element to change (and to what number) as both the system and product address is currently 1?

2. Any ideas on why I cannot import direct from my NAS drives?

3. And finally, anyone get any more ideas on the intermittent screen refresh problem?

Apologies for a bit of a long first post!

RussellP


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Russell,

This sounds like a network (LAN) issue rather than a MC200 one.
Some questions to help explore how it is setup:

- Is the MC200 using a DHCP assigned IP address or fixed?

- If fixed have you checked it does not clash with any other device?

- Is PC running Control:PC hardwired to the LAN or connect via WiFi? (When importing it should be hardwired, much high bandwidth.)

Can you run a network scanner (i.e. Fing iPad app) against your LAN and then confirm all your LAN devices have IP addresses are good (i.e. no conflicts).

Regards
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 105
Meridian Partner
Hitchhiker
Meridian Partner
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 105
You can download some good [Wi-Fi] network scanners to see what devices are running near the channels you are using.

Try this one from InSSIDer.

This helps a lot when trying to set the routers output channel.

Last edited by Carl; 2014-10-20 22:15. Reason: Added WiFI
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Adam,

That's a good tool for WiFi but for Sooloos the PC really should be hardwired esp. when importing libraries.

The Wired (1GB) vs WiFi bandwidths just don't compare.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hi Carl,

Thanks for this. I've now hard wired my PC to the router and I can copy from my NAS to my PC very quickly and then import from my PC to the MC200 lightningly quick now!

Still can't copy direct from the NAS to the MC200 though - still just says 'waiting to copy'.

Also, screen refreshing still happens every 30 seconds or so unless I play something in the background then it's usually pretty secure unless it stops or a I get a 'Network interference is slowing Sooloos down' message.

I've tried Fing as you suggest but couldn't find any conflicts with the Router, Modem, iPad, MC200, MS200 or Control:PC IP Addresses.

Any further ideas on resolving the latter two issues?

Regards,
Russell


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
Originally Posted by RussellP
Still can't copy direct from the NAS to the MC200 though - still just says 'waiting to copy'
Hi Russell, when you say "copy direct"... can you describe exactly what you are trying here. Screen by screen, click by click.

Thanks


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hi Nick,

I've not tried this since I put a new router in yesterday and it now works, that is dragging a folder from the NAS drive window to the Control:PC window, although a little bit slower than from my PC's HD but much better than not at all.

Just the screen refresh (losing wherever I was up to with importing, copying, editing etc.) to fix now and I'm done!

Russell


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
Ok. Glad you're sorted. Assume it was a router issue then.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Yes it looks like it. Thanks for your support

Russell


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (ChrisSwain), 246 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.045s Queries: 33 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8619 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 17:33:10 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS