logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 … 11 12
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
This is indeed good news as I was flirting with an Auralic Aries Extreme with dual femto clocks for lossless HQ streaming with Tidal/Wimp. Hoping the current ID41 + MC200 will give it a fair fight.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 574
Likes: 6
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 574
Likes: 6
I have signed on last week.

In the mean time I have stopped my Deezer account and subscribed to Napster which works like a dream on my M gear. I always used Deezer and now Napster to decide my next CD or download purchase.

Will Tidal and others to come streaming services change my behavior and stop me from buying at all, I wonder. At the moment I don't think I will.

Cheers!


Living room: Ansuz Mainz8 C2, Uptone Ethernet Regen, Grimm MU1, Audionote (UK) DAC 5 Special, TT2, M2RIAA, Audionote (UK) OTO Line SE Signature, Fleetwood Deville SQ
sold (Q1-2024): 818v3, DSP7200SE
Office: MS200, audio engine A2+
Spare: STAX SRM-323II, SR303, MC200 (Roon ROCK’ed),
Roon: life time subscription
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419
(MDS Norway AS)
Hitchhiker
(MDS Norway AS)
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419

Last edited by Carl; 2014-10-19 06:38. Reason: URL wrapped with URL Tag

40th.Anv.DSP8000SE &861v8/ID41,Meridian Ultra Dac,C15 Black w/SSD,QNAP TS-669Pro 6X3 Tb w/Core,HD621,Oppo UDP-203 ,JVC DLA-X700R, 2xJL Audio F112v2, Marantz 8802A for Atmos with KEF Reference 5 and 4C withR700 sides & rears and 4xKEF R50 Atmos
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Thanks PerS1
Interesting link to video. Not totally sure on exactness of content but provocative to say the least!
Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 8
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 8
In the hifipig.com write-up, they mention streaming at CD quality and storing locally offline.

The storing offline is not mentioned direct from Tidal/Wimp.

If this were the case, this would defiantly be an interesting alternative to buying CDs and ripping.

Reading some other links there is also talk within 12-24 months (closer to 12) that there would also be HiRes content streaming... see what unfolds.

At the moment I'm enjoying the Napster interface into Sooloos and let's me try music I wouldn't have otherwise listened to and then decide what CD to buy next, to keep a high quality content... or look on one of the HiRes download sites.

If I could listen to a service like Napster and have the same interface into Sooloos but at CD or HiRes quality and then later download what I want to keep, then �19.99/month is a good deal. smile otherwise I think it's a little overpriced.

Without the download option, I think I'd rather stick to purchasing physical discs or downloading HiRes files that I own as that equates to 2x CD's/month.

Still good to see things going in this direction though and I may give it a go for the short term... my thoughts may change due to the convenience.

Darren


Music Room: 818v3, DSP8000SE (SpeakerLink cables), iPad control
Shunyata Denali Power Distributor, fed by SIgma NR V2 + Sigma digital(818) + 2x Alpha NR(DSP8000SE)
Network Acoustics ENO filter + Rubicon Switch(powered by IFI IPower Elite)

Office: Stax SRS2020 via ifi Signature
Spare: DSP5200 + MC200

Running Roon Core on SonicTransporter
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Afternoon All,

Anyone else received their 30 day trial for Tidal?

Cheers,
Ian.


Martins HiFi Meridian Partner for East Anglia 01603 627010
Our History Meet the Team
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Just received.

Russ

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
Likes: 2
Ado Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
Likes: 2
Me too.

But no change/adoption of Tidal on the Sooloos side as yet, correct?

Cheers,
Ado


Z0: 861v8+ID41+Roon on a QNAP, Naim NAP300, Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario

Z1: Arcam AVR-450, Oppo BDP-103D, SkyQ, Apple TV, Kuro KRP-600A, Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento & Cremona Center M speakers, Martin Logan Descent-i Sub, 2 B&W wall speakers

Z2-6: Roon controlling MC600 Zones into Parasound amps to B&W ceiling speakers
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Yes, and also waiting on Sooloos integration - an indicative time-scale from Meridian would be helpful.


Steve
Synology NAS, PC RoonServer, 818v3, DSP7200SE, LG OLED55B7V, BDP-103, SkyQ-2TB
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
I thought there was a victim of timezone discrimination, but no � I have my invite as well!

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Yes got mine this afternoon as well. Spoke to someone at Meridian last week who said wait for the emsilt then should happen quickly

Russell


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Good news - thanks for that!


Steve
Synology NAS, PC RoonServer, 818v3, DSP7200SE, LG OLED55B7V, BDP-103, SkyQ-2TB
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 … 11 12

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (TSCA, Gemeni, Croft), 426 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 40 (0.030s) Memory: 0.8933 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 12:06:18 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS