Thanks Ratbert and Ian,
Yes, I think the BT hub is just acting as a modem with the Airport as the router. (You can get a sense of my naivety here in my struggle with basic terminology. I really should spend more time getting to grips with the concepts.)
With a Switch in place the Airport would then simply take care of the Wi-Fi business and any new LAN attachments to non-Sooloos equipment (there are none at present but we may connect the desktop PC via LAN when a replacement arrives).
Presumably by separating out the Sooloos equipment to the extent that it is connected via a Switch (albeit which is in turn connected to the Airport and therefore to the wider network) this helps in some way to reduce RFI/EMI?
I will certainly try disconnecting that connection as Ian suggests and happy to report back. And then try to assess any contribution made by the GISO. My problem is finding the time. If I get round to ordering a Switch today I might get the chance to have a further play at the weekend.
Your advice is much appreciated.
Main system: NUC, Roon, Network Acoustics Ag ENO/cable, 218, 5200SE, Townsend Podium, Sennheiser HD820/800s, Sennheiser HDVA 820 amp. Mobile: Explorer, IE800 Kitchen: MS200, F80
|