Ok, so I'm going to give some early thoughts on the GISO that arrived yesterday.

Does it improve the SQ? In terms of imaging (and in my opinion), yes, but nothing like as much as the step from a MC200 to an 818v2, which is hardly surprising given the GISO costs �200 and the 818 costs �8500! Of course the 818v2 is meant to be pretty well isolated from interference anyway.

If the 818v2 improved the SQ by a (notional) 200% (and one could rightly argue it does a whole lot more than this), then I would say the GISO probably increases this by another 10% (again, remembering this is on an 818v2). The dilemma I have is that, potentially, 10% is in the realms of human error and my own mood, which I've tried to eliminate by a/b testing - with the result that I feel the imaging has become more solid and I would still say it gives a 10% (perhaps 15%) improvement.

I have a more listening to do, but, if I feel the same way tomorrow, that would still make it a very worthwhile investment.


[side notes: Given what Meridian have said about magnetic isolation and the changes from the ID40 to an ID41 card, its use on an 818v1 might show greater results.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!