logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 28 1 2 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 27 28
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
G997
Hitchhiker
G997
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
Ronnie

What are the reasons?



Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Asked and answered... by 2 different HH's.


-
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 166
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 166
Likes: 2
Since I (well actually all of us) get isolation for free by using the ethernet sockets on my Meridian gear/everything else I'd love to hear how the GISO filters out the high frequencies without affecting the high/very high frequency data?

Since you've got about 31 ish MHz from your data (assuming 100Mbps) what is there that's going to be higher than that to filter out at a level that would be a problem?

Shouldn't be much from switch mode up that high that shouldn't have already been taken care of by design and you'd need to allow more for Gigabit to work anyway.

Fairly sure MLT-3 isn't meant to look like gentle hills and valleys.

Has there been any proper blind testing performed yet? (And that also checks that using a short length of UTP to break the ground loop if STP is being used doesn't give similar results?)

Matt

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
G997
Hitchhiker
G997
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
Originally Posted by Ronnie
Asked and answered... by 2 different HH's
One of your stature lets 2 others speak for yourself?

The assumptions are tiring and your games more so...

Why can't you answer the question?



Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Indeed, why can't you answer the question of why my system components are relevant to a discussion of LAN Isolation??

I'm sure your answer will be far more revealing to readers than any boring list that I would provide


-
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Ronnie
Originally Posted by Crion
I did not notice much difference between ID40/ID41, but I haven't done an A/B head to head. But I did go from ID40 to ID41 in my system.
Can you perhaps clarify how you managed to establish that there wasn't much difference between an ID40 and ID41??
I felt the difference was minor in my system, after I had changed the cards, YMMV. Did no switchback.

But for those doing A/B between the cards, maybe it was more apparent. I did use ferrites in my system if that makes any difference in this case.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
So was the ID40 to ID41 change part of your v8 Upgrade from the v6??

Thanks


-
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
No I received the ID41 several weeks later.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Sorry Crion, I'm confused

If you received the ID41 several weeks after the v8 upgrade, how were you able to compare the ID40 v's the ID41??


-
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
It was a while ago, my 861v8 upgrade kit and ID41 was not delivered at the same time. So that meant that I switched ID40->ID41 card either when it was a 861v6 fw8.0 or 861v8 fw 8.0. I didn't notice much SQ difference, maybe a little quieter but nothing major.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
G997
Hitchhiker
G997
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 376
Originally Posted by Ronnie
Indeed, why can't you answer the question of why my system components are relevant to a discussion of LAN Isolation??

I'm sure your answer will be far more revealing to readers than any boring list that I would provide
R

Just a question. I'm interested in your system and experience with M products. That's all. I never said it was relevant to anything specific.
Why are you so reluctant to answer the question?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Ok, I'll take the bait as I'm fascinated by your seemingly morbid curiosity about my system

I use three Meridian F80's which are fed by either some Sonos streamers or by an MS200 Sooloos Endpoint

I also run some Sennheiser HD300's and Shure headphones along with other miscellaneous bits and pieces

Curiosity satisfied now??


-
Page 16 of 28 1 2 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 27 28

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (JCD, Caldham, Grog), 323 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,172
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.061s Queries: 40 (0.029s) Memory: 0.8952 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 09:08:34 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS