logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 28 1 2 … 11 12 13 14 15 … 27 28
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by JaapJan
I assume these isolators are not active i.e. powered by an external source, but where does the energy come from

I don't believe they are active, purely passive in the same way a mains transformer works where electricity is converted to magnetism and back to electricity with minimal losses. The main energy loss should be the unwanted interference.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Parky43007
I decided to go with the Emsafe purely on price!
I think it is around halve the price of Giso GB

"Audio dedicated" often, but not always, means higher margins wink

In the FAQ they also state that these devices are also used in audio applications.
On your last point, I agree, but reading all the positives here I thought I would give the Emsafe a try for 150�.

You know that the Giso can be returned within 3 weeks for a full refund (excluding s/h)?
You do have a serious system and skipping on 150� getting cheaper transformer circuit, who knows. But if you can open the Emsafe we can check the make/model for sure.

Acousence claim they are using a transformer of the highest quality.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 147
I actually found it very difficult to find out any info/specs re the Giso on their website. The EMO systems site has more technical info and looking at this they seemed to be manufactured to good standards.

Anyway, no problem to open it up when it arrives.

By the way I'm from Yorkshire and 150� saving is 150�!! smile


Shaun

861v8 & ID41, HD621, DSP7200SE Upgrade Fronts, DSP7200HCSE Upgrade, DSP3200's rears, B&W ASW850 (sub), QNAP 871 for Sooloos, Cineultra V203, Dune HD, Apple tv 4k, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Sim2 C3X. LG Oled C9
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Looking at GISO I can't even see the price or any way of buying it.

Let alone real specifications.

Is MDMS an "Audio over IP" solution or a streamer?

Neil


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069
Likes: 67
I contacted them via email first this morning to find out about the order process and haven't heard anything back as yet.


Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Contact via email is the correct way to order the GISO GB, 349� incl s/h in Europe.

I was sent a paypal link where I could log in and make the payment. It arrived within a few days.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
I would check what speed you need, folks. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure the MS600 has (certainly used to have) a 10/100Mbit card, so the extra cost for the GISO GB unit strikes me as pretty pointless if that's where you're sitting it.

Last edited by dpstjp; 2014-09-08 22:50.

Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Has anyone tried the Acoustic Revive RLI-1; as linked to in the OP of this thread?


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
Originally Posted by dpstjp
I would check what speed you need, folks. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure the MS600 has (certainly used to have) a 10/100Mbit card, so the extra cost for the GISO GB unit strikes me as pretty pointless if that's where you're sitting it.

They actually recommend the GISO DS rather than the GISO GB for our Meridian applications. I guess we're just a bunch of customers who want the best of the best, whether it's necessary or not wink


Roon, MS600, Simaudio 780D, Simaudio P-8/W-8 and Revel Studio 2s
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
But if the GISO GB has all pins connected whether they are needed or not and the GISO DS only has the minimum necessary, then the DS will potentially be injecting less unwanted noise into the audio chassis than the GB will it not?


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
I'm with Ian on this one (usually am when it comes to network stuff, because he knows what he's talking about, whereas I've only read it somewhere).

Shouldn't the fact that GISO themselves are recommending the cheaper option also tell you something...?


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
No! If enough is enough then more has to be better surely? smirk

Russ

Page 13 of 28 1 2 … 11 12 13 14 15 … 27 28

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (IanP), 369 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,165
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.058s Queries: 40 (0.029s) Memory: 0.8952 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 11:46:58 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS