Out of curiosity. Why did you decide to get this make and not the audio dedicated GISO GB?

For isolators in general, i assume these isolators are not active i.e. powered by an external source, but where does the energy then comes from or what is lost from the incoming signal. I don't think it is energized by galvanic current if there is such current. Is the loss of energy the reason for perceived smoothness maybe.
I also don't understand that introducing extra connections will do any good in the signal path, still i only read enthusiastic results which makes me curious as well. I hate that as i was just hoping that going DSP+ MDMS would release me from adding gizmos and tweeks.


Living room: Ansuz Mainz8 C2, Uptone Ethernet Regen, Grimm MU1, Audionote (UK) DAC 5 Special, TT2, M2RIAA, Audionote (UK) OTO Line SE Signature, Fleetwood Deville SQ
sold (Q1-2024): 818v3, DSP7200SE
Office: MS200, audio engine A2+
Spare: STAX SRM-323II, SR303, MC200 (Roon ROCK’ed),
Roon: life time subscription