As promised in Dave's (DaveyC) post about the GISO, he has loaned me the device to try in my similar Meridian system today.

Being an open minded sort of chap I was, even so, a little sceptical of this device's ability to do much to the soundstage.

We listened to the first minute of a selection of tracks to familiarise ourselves with the current Sooloos system sound. Then the GISO was plugged into the CD player end of my 15 meter run of CAT7 Meridian brand cable from my MD600, then connected to the ID40 of my 808.3 with the short cable stub supplied.

We played the same Sooloos tracks again at the same volume settings.

All I can say is that what I heard was remarkable and unmistakeable. The soundstage opened up becoming, what can best be described, as more 3 dimensional. There was instantly increased space around instruments and vocalists and a distinct pronounced control and extension to bass. Following on and without repetition, I can confirm that there is increased detail and a definite correlation to the benefits that Dave has described within my system too. Overall the music becomes more engaging and enjoyable. Simply, it brings the music to life and whilst I wouldn't have described the sound before as unpleasant, the sound after is more desirable by far. There appears no negative effects.

The bottom line is, I would confirm others' findings on this little device and I now want one. It has transformed my Sooloos playback through the 7200.2's, indicating that RFI effects can get through to Meridian digital equipment and this device does something positive about it.

GISO verdict - I want one.........


808v6, DSP7200SE, MD600
Vertex AQ & LeadingEdge products