Originally Posted by Gianni
So a dedicated Sooloos LAN (without external broadband connection) constructed from components limited to 10/100, including the ethernet cabling, should could speculatively deliver improved SQ?

Its an experiment and only for the link into a dedicated Sooloos audio endpoint, not the rest of the LAN which would benefit from GB connectivity.

I'm not convinced that there should be any differences with a well engineered appropriately specified LAN cable installed in a best practice manner (ie not as part of a birds nest at the back of an audio cabinet) and I believe that in a slightly intoxicated state so may be mistaken, I also heard that Meridian had also tried a number of tests with different LAN cables and, unlike their speakerlink testing, found no audible differences when using different cables - not the same as using a LAN isolator or defacing a LAN cable.



Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).