The problem is even with SSTP (Screened Shielded Twisted Pair), it's all "connected" even though we build up with a discrete switch for Sooloos core/store/endpoint and I think it's this reason why LAN-Isolators could have a place infront of high-end audio endpoints like ID4x in 808/818/861.
Having myself dabbled with LPSU's/medical_grade_SMPS for MC200/switch/router and higher quality RJ45 SSTP's like Audioquest Vodka/Diamond to get the total noise down emitted as well as shield it to outside interference.
I still know that there are ports going out to the broadband modem, home computer, NAS which I can not really electrically firewall from EMI/RFI pollution(my Ferrites seem to have a very subtle effect if at all detectable), unless a LAN isolator like GISO GB is used.
Now back to our first feedback on using Giso GB in a Meridian Sooloos system infront of the ID4x audio endpoint, this sound indeed promising.
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|