logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 46
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 46
Likes: 1
Hi Everyone

Can someone help me with a couple of �idiot� questions�.

I have recently acquired a pair of DSP3100s which I use only with a Squeezebox 3. I was wondering about the firmware upgrade, mine show 'D31 0.26' when I press the display button. What does this mean? I believe they are fairly early models and have never been upgraded.

In the context of my system is the upgrade to v1.30 worth it? I�m not sure how effective the apodising is with a basic Squeezebox running WAV files ripped from CDs.

Many thanks


System: DSP7200SE (upgraded) + RPI (PiCorePlayer) with Allo Digione running Squeezebox system.

Also various legacy 500 components - 557x2, 502, 508-20bit, 566-24bit plus too many other misc amps/speakers.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Since you don't have a processor or HD621 to do the upsampling, I would recommend upgrading your DSP's to the latest firmware for the benefit of the apodizing.

I haven't seen that version but I suspect it was an early version of the DSP software.


Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hi

There have only been 2 fw releases link and I agree with MJT5282 apodising should make a significant improvement.

Russ

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
With the caveat that user firmware updating 3100's has a higher than they should chance of turning them into a brick.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (RPellegrini), 275 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 23 (0.023s) Memory: 0.8364 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:55:00 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS