logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Quite normal after marriage. It happened here too wink
A little bow in the middle.


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Jack D
My then girlfriend (now wife) had one of these with a 40"plasma on top. It bowed slightly in the middle after some time.
Did she have the metal supports in place?


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Did she have the metal supports in place?

I'm really struggling not to... but I know offense will ensue if I did.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
LOL.

For the sake of removing any ambiguity, this is the bench I'm talking about:

[Linked Image]


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Likes: 1
... I remember when mine used to be that straight. Seeing a fresh, unused model makes me realise how much mine sags in the middle.


Cinema: DSP5000 (18 bit), DSP5000C, DSP33, 568.1, Quad L-Sub
Music: DSP5000 (24 bit), MS200 + Reviver, Roon
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by shiggins
...Seeing a fresh, unused model makes me realise how much mine sags ...
Are people doing this on purpose?


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
Ian, it's to be expected with age I think.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
I think they spend all their time looking at pictures of such models on the internet ;-)

D

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171
Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171
Likes: 59
Update: my brother & family are currently visiting us & I was rather alarmed yesterday morning to see my brother sitting on the bench next to my 5000C! He'll weigh ~ 65kg + 30-odd kg of 5000C & MC200...

The bench came through apparently unscathed.



Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro.
Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs

Meridian owner since 1998
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Likes: 20
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Likes: 20
Quick question following your comment. Is the DSP5000C really 30kg? All the data sheets most of the wiki etc. seem to suggest that it's 32kg. There's no alternate weight listed form the standard vertical DSP5000, which must weigh more simply as there's more of it I would have thought. The wiki says that the DSP5200C is 20kg. Again the datasheets state the same weight for the vertical and the centre. I cannot see why the 5kC would be so much heavier than the 5k2C.

I ask because I've just bought a centre and had a moment trying to arrange shipping of 32kg plus box to the North of Scotland. My existing centres I cannot weigh without lifting out of the stand but I can lift them off the shelf (at one end at least) with one hand. I doubt I could do that with a 32kg lump?

Richard

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
I own a DSP5000C and can confirm it is very heavy and cannot be lifted by one hand :-)



Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Likes: 20
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Likes: 20
I guess I'll just have to weigh my new one when it arrives. If it's more than 20kg I'll be surprised.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ron78), 240 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
GMT 6
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 39 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8840 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 15:44:36 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS