|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171 |
P.S. Just be aware that with credits at the moment the plugin seems to display odd behavior with using 'mixed' metadata and the Composer and Conductor fields. Not sure why, but it will add Composer|composer, Conductor|conductor to Sooloos when used in this way at the moment. My workaround is to use AMG metadata only, or untick just those fields and re-add them after import, but there may be a better way, I haven't had enough time to play with it.
HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES 2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports. Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Appending 'disc 1' etc to the folder after ripping did the trick and the restore process was straight forward as i had created a fresh share on my NAS for the Sooloos rips and just pointed Control:PC recovery at that share. I guess same woukd be true if I had used a seperate folder structure.
One slight issue is that when dBpoweramp did metadata lookup, on the metadata comparison page, album artist was set to artist of first track and album artist on main screen was blank even though the meta data had it down as a compilation album. I manually entered 'Various Artists' into these but not sure if this was necessary.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171 |
One slight issue is that when dBpoweramp did metadata lookup, on the metadata comparison page, album artist was set to artist of first track and album artist on main screen was blank even though the meta data had it down as a compilation album. I manually entered 'Various Artists' into these but not sure if this was necessary. I have the same issue, and the same workaround.
HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES 2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports. Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
So for each disc that I rip, I need to manually create/amend the folders to keep the contents unique? No way to handle this automatically. Not at home, so I can't check, but I'm sure dBpoweramp lets you set up a string to save ripped files into folders with particular name attributes. In this case [disc number] ought to achieve this (with any other parameters you've set) so you don't have to manually force each name.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Ok. Just ripped another disc. Plugin went well, but when I went to restore the backup, it didn't find the new rip even though it's there in the NAS share. It sees the compilation album that I imported last week, but not my misses new disc.
I couldn't see much in way of differences between last weeks compilation folders and this one, except todays rip had two XML files both looked the same. One was I think info.xml and the other was Sooloos.xml. An info.xml file was also found in both folders ripped last week. I did try moving the additional Sooloos.xml file out of the folder.
I've seen comments about using a fresh folder. Is this the issue and if so, how do people manage different ripping settions - just used fresh dated folder?
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
Hi Ian, I have found it very inconsistent with whether a folder is valid or not. I could figure no logic to it at all. New folder worked /didn't work; old folder worked/didn't work. Leave the folder and find that it worked another day.
My hunch was that the OS was tagging the folder somehow and the Restore couldn't get around it.
Gave up and went to Plan A.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4 |
That's as I have it set up now, great stuff!
It is very versatile, and powerful - I wish they'd do a Mac version! I've been playing with the beta version of dBpoweramp for Mac OS X, downloaded from here. Seems to work for ripping and metadata tag manipulation. I'm using version 1, beta 6 which seems to be from July 27th, 2014. Soundserge
Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537 Likes: 2 |
The Mac version works pretty well. Still some basic bugs, but none that interfere with getting a quality rip.
Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6 A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
|
|
|
|
2 members (Floris, MVirgil),
275
guests, and
1
robot. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|