Hi all I feel sad to read that M choose to use the toxic substance of Beryllium in its new tweeters. "The commercial use of beryllium presents technical challenges due to the toxicity (especially by inhalation) of beryllium-containing dusts. Beryllium is corrosive to tissue, and can cause a chronic life-threatening allergic disease called berylliosis in some people. The element is not known to be necessary or useful for either plant or animal life." Source wikipedia The toxicity source is a verified source. I really would hear what M has to say about choosing this material. I am fully aware of physical benefits of this material in this situation, but is our sound so important that we have to use very dangerous substances? Best regards, Per Nilsson
Main: MC200, MS600, DSP5200, DSW, G61R, DSP5200HC, Genelec Two (as rear speakers), Marantz BD8002, G08, 2x TwinStores (1TB each), iPad1, iPad AIR, Isotek Multiway 6 Control:PC on Windows 8, Mac on OS 10.6.8 Computer: Genelec 6010A, IXOS 3,5mm to RCA, AQ Coffee USB Cable, Explorer Kitchen: Tivoli Audio Model 1
|