They can't pre announce projects or it would hit sales of current products. The problem is a serious one. We are all familiar with this with regard to motor vehicles and we happily accept it.
Anyone want my old cortina today?
My issue isn't with technology advancement, I work in tech and have bought endless upgrades over the years on most things. it's that I bought all of it a month ago.
Car analogy isn't a great one as someone who also buys cars you know exactly what is rumoured to be launched and when. Just get a copy of Auto Express and it lists out every new car for another 18 months. Most tech has that if you keep an eye out and thoroughly research your products (Apple - Mac Rumours).
My issue is I actually met with several people from M to the end of last year to discuss (including Bob and Tim Ireland). All through that process I continued to ask "is there anything major coming that I need to worry about" and was told categorically no. Considering part way through that discussion we were taking possibly about 8k's rather than 7200's I think it would have been the right thing to do. M sin't about selling mass market of FMCG goods, they produce a few high end systems.
I've had M kit for over 23 years and while I appreciate M's foibles as a smaller company this is the first time I've actually detracted from from them. I'm not minted, far from it. Putting a �40k+ system in my house has taken years and years of saving to be able to do it and some massive sacrifices for both me and family. I wanted the best for my house. We can debate on here the subtleties between 8k's and 7k2's etc. etc. but the point being I finally made a call that this system was "the best" system for my house and within six weeks I now have M and Bob on video telling me it's not, because they have made "significant" improvements.
Kind of makes me feel I just bought a �40k "not bad attempt"...
Now in no way did I get home last night and throw up due to the crappy and tinny sound of the system. No way at all. I loved it. As I've loved it since it was installed.
It's an emotional reaction, we all know it is. However, rational it didn't stop me losing sleep last night thinking about it.
As you say, let's see how we're treated before reserving judgement.