Al, Well I guess it depends on which full DSP set up you would be thinking about compared to BW 804s. I have been quite impressed with the DSP3200s but they are only bookshelf speakers so I don't think you can compare them to BW804s for your fronts.
One thing I discovered when I first paired my BW802Ds with a Meridian processor was that you have to get the lower frequency in order and that will affect the way you hear the entire range of the sound spectrum. So maybe the bright/forward you noticed in your test with the DSP3200s was the result of the room setup and equipment configuration.
For a full DSP set up in your main listening room you might consider all DSP3300, which I think would be much better than a mix with DSP3200s.
I absolutely have enjoyed my BW set ups but I've found that it is important to have the right amps. BW fanatics generally prefer Classe or McIntosh. As you can see from my sig, I think the McIntosh BW combo is superb. If you wanted to consider the McIntoshes I can highly recommend AudioClassics as they have great service, know their McIntoshes, and have good deals on used equipment.
So if it is between DSP3200/3300 and the BW804s with really good amps I think I would prefer the 804s. Just one caveat, as you see, I do not use the BW804s for my fronts; I've always used them as compliments to my BW802Ds or BW803Ds.
One other point for what it is worth, as I get older I increasingly like the Meridian concept of "all-in-one" speakers. No muss no fuss and great sound. Again, I absolutely love my BW/McIntosh set ups but all the hassle with interconnects, triggers, and speaker wire and moving around the massive amps... yuck!
Hope you find this useful.
Regards.
MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro LR. 818v3, 8000SE HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203 FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C 4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP 5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
|