Nice Toys Jack D. I have been trying to audition different surround systems, and just yesterday listened to a Classe/B&W combo with 804 Diamonds FLR, HTM2 C, and 805 Diamonds RLR. Sounded great! The top of line Classe stuff is out of my $ range, but I do like the B&Ws.
The other combo I have been thinking about, but have not been able to find a full on demo would be a complete M system with 2x DSP3200 and DSP3300 previously with G61 and now with G65.
I have had a chance to listen to DSP3200s in stereo setups a few times, unfortunately came away unimpressed. The sound tended toward dry, clinical analytical and slightly bright forward midrange (the latter not a good trait with 5 speakers in 12x18 room, could quickly get ear fatigue). I understand that there are way too many variables when demoing gear at dealers, but it seems that an M system setup properly in your room could also sound great.
But, quick question. If you had to choose between your G65 full DSP speaker setup or the G65, B&W 804 type setup with a primary goal of clean music reproduction not HT, which would you choose and why?
Cheers, Al