OK. So I pulled out all the cables and started from scratch. I swear I must be getting senile. After re-doing the cabling all is well. SLS works via MS600 and I can listen to CDs or BRs via the Oppo with no trouble.

One thing that surprised me about the G65 is that it is more compact than the G68. I guess it is similar to the G61 in terms of size (I was told this but have never seen a G61 in person).

As for the sound quality of the G65 v the 68j it replaced? Too early to tell although I have no doubt it is an improvement. Also the last time I had this system up and running was in a totally different room. So it will be difficult to do a real comparison. In any case, after a few minutes of listening, this little set up sounds real sweet to me. I'm also happy to get rid of the AC11 and plug the DSPs directly into the processor. The equipment is in a small rack and adding more complexity with another box and additional cabling is something to which I'm getting increasingly allergic. I want great sound while keeping it simple.

I get the second G65 tomorrow and this will go into my every day HT set up. I'll probably be able to get a better sense of the sonic differences between the G65 and the G68XXV that it replaces. One of the attactions of the G65 in the second system is that I currently do not have a center channel because my wife insisted on putting the equipment rack right under the plasma. So I'm considering adding an M DSP center which I will now be able to do with the G65.

Thanks for the responses.

PS. I guess the glitch in Mconfig is something for people to watch out for as it defaults connection between the MS600 and the G65 as digital to SL when it should be SL to SL.

Last edited by Jack D; 2013-12-23 02:27.

MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro
LR. 818v3, 8000SE
HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203
FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C
4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP
5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800