Which Meridian DAC would you recommend with this product?
Roon/Tidal, SBT, Trinnov ST2 , Twin Devialet D premiers, Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits, dedicated and treated room. Meridian gear: 568.2mm and DSP5000's acting as TV speakers.
You supposed to use it with an aftermarket DAC if you don't have UAB digital output...
Roon/Tidal, SBT, Trinnov ST2 , Twin Devialet D premiers, Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits, dedicated and treated room. Meridian gear: 568.2mm and DSP5000's acting as TV speakers.
As much as I'd like apodizing into my headphones, after spending 15 years living and breathing digital audio, I'm not about to add an unnecessary, and potentially sound-degrading, analogue stage to my system...
Had this box had digital inputs, I'd be all over it.
As the Prime is self powered, is it compatible for use with iThingies with the camera connection kit?
It's not self powered, in that the USB part needs power from the USB bus.
I think we need a more concrete example.
Prime + USB Hub + Camera kit + iPad Would probably work
Prime + Prime PSU (USB connection) + Camera Kit+ iPad Also
But that's only an informed guess.
In second case I suppose there would be two cables from Prime PSU. One the USB from camera kit through Prime PSU USB power pass-through to Prime USB input. And one from Prime PSU to Prime power socket.
So what you're saying is that after spending $2000 on a headphone amp, I need to spend another $700 to get the maximum benefit out of it when used with Meridian processors and source components which lack USB outputs (which is, well, pretty much the entire product line).
Well, you really need to spend $3250 on the headphone amp if you want the best out of it. You need the enhanced PS.
Clearly not aimed at Meridian equipment owners who are the folk that spend the megabucks, it's the guy with the iPod that counts.
Roon/Tidal, SBT, Trinnov ST2 , Twin Devialet D premiers, Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits, dedicated and treated room. Meridian gear: 568.2mm and DSP5000's acting as TV speakers.
So what you're saying is that after spending $2000 on a headphone amp, I need to spend another $700 to get the maximum benefit out of it when used with Meridian processors and source components which lack USB outputs (which is, well, pretty much the entire product line).
Why not use the analog L/R out of your G91A to the A1 analog input on the Prime?